Contact us regarding non-support related topics
Learn a little about us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jet Ranger Sound? Here's the Thing ...
08-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Jet Ranger Sound? Here's the Thing ...
Hi,

I've read what's been said about Owen's Jet Ranger (and Eaglecraft's FL/LS models) needing the default JR sound file, but here's the thing ...

I use a custom sound file by Manuel E. Gonzalez for Owen's JR and it works perfectly - but - it won't work in your FL/LS versions. I've done everything I can think of to make the Eaglecraft models use the Gonzalez sound system, but they won't have it.

Can someone explain why it works for Owen's model but not for Eaglecraft's, given that both are basically the same model (aren't they???)?

Thanks!

Biffer
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: Jet Ranger Sound? Here's the Thing ...
First off, our name is Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations, not "Eaglecraft."

Your issue may have to do with the way that we have aliased the sounds. The other issue may be the engine type specified in the aircraft.cfg file. However, having not made that sound set, we cannot offer support for it. We have no idea how the inner workings of it are and what it requires to make it work. One of our developers, George, is the expert on sound sets, so maybe he knows, but supporting modifications we did not develop is not something we can do.

[Image: ers_brandon_sig_mar2012.png]
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.7GHz | 8GB DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GTX 760 | Windows 8.1 64 bit | FSX Acceleration/SP2 (DX10 Mode)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2012, 08:31 AM
(08-29-2012 01:24 PM)Brandon Wrote:  First off, our name is Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations, not "Eaglecraft."

Oh, Brandon, what a pedantic wee soul you are. Do you work for the government by any chance? Have you any idea how long it takes a person of my advanced age to type out 'Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations'? I'd like to indulge you on this, but typing 'Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations' umpteen times in one post would seriously impinge upon my drinking time. The best deal I can offer you is 'ERS' (which I've just realized is even quicker to type than 'Eaglecraft' - clever me!). If it'll make you happy, I promise to wear a hair-shirt for the rest of the afternoon as punishment for my horrendous faux pas (can't promise I'll wear it hairy-side in, though).

Regarding the sound issue: well, I have to give you your due ... it was caused by the engine type specified in the aircraft.cfg! Owen's JR uses engine type '5' (Turboprop), while the ERS versions state engine type '3' (Helo-Turbine). Simply changing engine type to '5' in the ERS .cfg file enabled the Gonzalez sound system to work in both models.

This is likely the answer for others having similar sound woes - just make sure all models specify the same engine type and your custom sound for Owen's JR will probably work in the ERS FL/LS ones.

Happy Hovering! Cheesy

Biffer
09-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I will check it out and report back

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)