Return to the ERS Home Page
Download our add-ons
Visit our community forums
See the latest news and updates
View screenshots and videos of our add-ons
Contact us regarding non-support related topics
Learn a little about us

Poll: Is this a Great "Heli" Web Site or What ?
Yes - Great !
Ohhh Ya ! the Best !
Not Sure ?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Problem Enstrom 280
» MAIN ROTOR ROTATION - "SLOW" ????
09-27-2011, 05:27 AM
Question Problem Enstrom 280
Hello, from the USA, I'm Jetranger - I downloaded your Super Great Enstrom 280, and everything went really Smooth & Great for the install, however - I find the main Rotor Blade seems to rotate really "Slow" and looks out of whack with the rear Rotor Tail, which seems to be spinning at normal speeds, as far as rotation, but the Main upper Rotor blades seems to be kind of in slow motion, compared to my other copters in my Simulator. I was wondering where and how might I change the settings in the Aircrafts Config. File, I am familiar with the CFG Files, and editing them, if I just knew the proper settings to set it at,, got any ideas ??? other than that everything else looks really good ! I might add I find this Enstrom 280 a Really Great Add on' too, be great to fly around the Sim world in ~ ! I have about 30 Helicopters in my Sim, that are Quality Copters . Thanks for the Great Add on' and any help or ideas you can give me to Correct the Main Rotor Animation Speed would be helpful ! Thanks - JetRanger - Kansas City, Missouri - USA / JetRanger7777[at]hotmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2011, 02:15 PM
RE: Problem Enstrom 280
Hi Jetranger,

Thanks for downloading our Enstrom 280FX! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Smile

It can depend on your computer. If you have slightly choppier fps, rotors can tend to do that, especially with our method which generates a higher quality blur than many other add-ons. But in real life, the main rotor spins slower than the tail rotor, so if that's what you mean, then it is kind of correct. FSX prop/rotor spinning can be a pain to deal with and doesn't always have a good look. Not much you can do about it.

What are your average FPS with the Enstrom compared to the default Bell 206? And what are your computer specs?

Regards,
Brandon

[Image: ers_brandon_sig_mar2012.png]
Intel Xeon E5-1620 v2 @ 3.7GHz | 8GB DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GTX 760 | Windows 8.1 64 bit | FSX Acceleration/SP2 (DX10 Mode)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Well, that Exactly what I'm getting, as you mentioned above, slower Main Rotor Rotation, than the tail rotor,, ain't my Computer ! I have FSX Gold Edition-Acceleration- Expansion pack, Computer " with a AMD Athlon III Quadcore Processor / 6DDR3/ ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics card / and 1 Terabyte Hard Drive / Windows 7 - with 64 bit and 32 bit op system,, with a 27" Screen, and Logitech's 6 speaker surround set up,,, with SAITEK's Rudder pedals , and Saitek's Digital Flight Yoke for Fixed Wing Aircraft,,,, and my Joystick is the AV8R-01 ,,,, As you say above the main Rotor turns/ spins slower in the real world, and thats what mine is doing,,, maybe soon I make a video and post it to YOU TUBE so you can see,,, I use a registered version of Fraps , and I use Track IR-5 as well ~ !!! The JetRanger (KMKC) - USA
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Since the Enstrom uses the FSX R22 FDE, it will spin very slowly during all phases of flight....same goes for the EH101 FDE. Maybe we'll use different FDE for a future update....for now, the current FDE will do.

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!
10-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks, actually, I recently tried out All the Heli's varients, and they performed quite well actually,, They all flew quite well, and at decent altitudes as well,, I'm probably just used to flying the Bell206B,, more often compared to these, everything so far so good !! I took screen shots of all em' and posted them up on Surclaro's web site under the Screen shot section for FSX, if they ever get around to posting them ?? Jet

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)