Contact us regarding non-support related topics
Learn a little about us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enstrom 280 Uncontrollable Yawing
» Yawing is uncontrollable
10-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Enstrom 280 Uncontrollable Yawing
I downloaded the Enstrom 280FX from Simviation and installed it according to directions. On takeoff, the helo gyrates uncontrollably in a 30 degree yaw back and forth. The only way to stop the yawing is to reach 0 knots at altitude.

I am a real life pilot whose first flight was in an Enstrom F-28. I have 30 years experience with Flight Simulator (I have Flight Simulator 2, 2002. 2004. and FSX) and have several helicopters in all of the last three FS versions.

Has anyone else encountered uncontrollable yawing in this Enstrom? If so, how did you correct the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: Enstrom 280 Uncontrollable Yawing
(10-29-2014 06:17 PM)Skyfox37 Wrote:  I downloaded the Enstrom 280FX from Simviation and installed it according to directions. On takeoff, the helo gyrates uncontrollably in a 30 degree yaw back and forth. The only way to stop the yawing is to reach 0 knots at altitude.

I am a real life pilot whose first flight was in an Enstrom F-28. I have 30 years experience with Flight Simulator (I have Flight Simulator 2, 2002. 2004. and FSX) and have several helicopters in all of the last three FS versions.

Has anyone else encountered uncontrollable yawing in this Enstrom? If so, how did you correct the problem?

I have had a similar problem with the Bell 222 which is still unresolved because it will not start despite the new procedure. However, my copy of the Enstrom 280FX flies beautifully and lands on water etc as I used to do many years ago.
01-03-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: Enstrom 280 Uncontrollable Yawing
Our Enstrom uses the default Robinson R22 FDE, hence the uncontrollable yawing. We will revisit a number of our early projects and give them a facelift, the Enstrom being one.

[Image: ers_george_sig1.jpg]

http://www.facebook.com/euroastarthreefifty

http://www.flickr.com/photos/euroastar350/

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)